WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE!
The Dtran Network makes business flow. As one of the world’s leading non-asset-based supply chain management companies, we design and implement industry-leading solutions in both freight management and sea.
Over 42,000 dedicated employees, working in 17 regional areas around the globe, deliver operational excellence — to provide viable answers to the most challenging supply chain questions.
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Regardless of the amount of freight or its final destination, The Dtran Network typically offers the services to handle it all.
Freight shipping rates are typically dependent on a variety of factors, including the type of freight being shipped, mode of transport, weight, distance and more. Here’s a quick snapshot of how these rates are determined based on the selected shipping option:
- LTL. LTL rates are largely dependent on the freight class. Other fees are typically applied for additional services and actions like delivery appointments and liftgate services.
- Truckload. For truckload rates, the common determination is an amount per-mile which may or may not be inclusive of the fuel surcharge. Further charges may be added for things like detention and driver assistance.
- Flatbed. Flatbed rates are based on the type of equipment, mileage and total weight of the shipment. If there is oversized freight onboard, extra charges may apply and additional transit time could be necessary.
When packing fragile items for a shipment, it’s important to pack them with special care in order to avoid damage during the shipping process. While crating the fragile items is a necessary precaution, there are other things that can be done to further protect them, including:
- Wrapping items such as glass separately. This protects them from coming into contact with non-fragile items.
- Packing as many fragile items into one crate as possible so there is limited movement within the crate during transit.
What makes us special?
Over 42,000 dedicated employees, working in 17 regional clusters around the globe, deliver operational excellence.